Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Application Form: Are you interested in applying for a Customs job? Do you want to work for one of the highest-paid services in Nigeria? Then this article is for you!
We will help you in your application process by providing a guideline for you on the requirements and how to apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment. Also in this article, we will give you background information on the service and what the customs officers are paid.
The Nigeria Customs Service is a paramilitary organization that was established as far back as 1891. It is one of the oldest paramilitary services in Nigeria. The core functions of the organization are the collection of revenue and the prevention of smuggling.
Apart from its core functions it also performs several other functions including collaboration with other government agencies and international organizations in the prevention of trafficking of persons and combatting other forms of smuggling.
The organization is divided into seven departments which are headed by Deputy Comptroller-Generals. The head of the service is the Comptroller-General who is usually appointed by the President.
Nigeria Custom Service Salary
- Inspector of Customs – ₦970,000 – ₦880,000 per annum
- Assistant Inspector of Customs – ₦870,000 – ₦780,000 per annum
- Customs Assistant – ₦770,000 – ₦680,000 per annum
- Comptroller General – ₦2,870,000 – ₦2,500,000 per annum
- Deputy Comptroller General – ₦2,570,000 – ₦2,480,000 per annum
- Assistant Comptroller General – ₦2,470,000 – ₦2,280,000 per annum
- Comptrollers – ₦2,070,000 – ₦1,880,000 per annum
- Deputy Comptrollers – ₦1,770,000 – ₦1,580,000 per annum
- Assistant Comptrollers – ₦1,570,000 – ₦1,480,000 per annum
- Chief Superintendent Customs Officer – ₦1,370,000 – ₦1,280,000 per annum
- Deputy Superintendent Customs Officer – ₦1,270,000 – ₦1,180,000 per annum
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I & II – ₦1,070,000 – ₦980,000 per annum
NB: This salary does not include their allowances. Custom officers benefit from several allowances. Some of the allowances they enjoy include; Utility allowance, Hazard allowance, House maintenance allowance, Uniform maintenance allowance, General Services allowance, Detective allowance, Hardiness allowance, Plain-Cloth allowance, Furniture allowance, and Personal Servant.
Requirements for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth
- Applicants must be residents of Nigeria
- Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years
- Applicants should have WASSCE, NECO, or GCE certificate
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.64m and female applicants must not be less than 1.62m
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (National ID, international passport, voter’s card or driver’s license)
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit
Steps on how to apply for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
- Application is done online at the recruitment portal of the Nigeria Customs service vacancy.customs.gov.ng.
- Please note that the application is free.
- The names of shortlisted candidates will be published and a venue and time for screening exercise will also be communicated to those who have been selected.
Opening and Closing date for Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment
The Nigeria Custom Service is currently not conducting any recruitment as of the moment. The last recruitment exercise was done in December 2021 and there have been talks of the next one being done in December this year but the Service has not yet announced a date yet as to when the recruitment process will begin.
To get more information on the Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update