Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment Application Form: Do you want to apply for a job at the Nigeria Correctional Service? Do you need a guide on the Recruitment process of the Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment? Then this page is for you!
The Nigeria Correctional Service is a paramilitary organization under the ministry of interior. It is the organization in charge of the custodial centers in Nigeria. It was formerly known as the Nigeria Prison service but its name was changed in 2019 to the Nigeria Correctional Service.
Applying for a job at the Nigeria Correctional Service has been made easier. With the information provided for you in this article, you can know if you are eligible and how to apply for a correctional service job. Other questions regarding the service will also be answered
Salary of Nigeria Correctional Service Officers
- Prison Assistant (PAI) – 296,506 – 374,259 naira per annum (level 3 – 5)
- Inspector of Prison (IP) – 357,385 – 411,454 naira per annum (level 6)
- Senior Inspector of Prison (SIP) – 483,014 – 567,065 naira per annum (level 7)
- Assistant Superintendent of Prison (ASPII) – 858,956 – 986,991 per annum (level 8)
- Assistant Superintendent of Prison (ASPI) – 939,310 – 1,056,416 naira per annum (level 9)
- Deputy Superintendent of Prison (DSP) – 1,012,562 – 1,143,539 naira per annum (level 10)
- Superintendent of Prison (SP) – 1,094,027 – 1,252,038 naira per annum (level 11)
- Chief Superintendent of Prison (CSP) – 1,158,172 – 1,325,234 naira per annum (level 12)
- Assistant Comptroller of Prison (ACP) – 1,225,584 -1,405,449 naira per annum (level 13)
- Deputy Comptroller of Prison (DCP) – 1,619,447 – 1,825,589 naira per annum (level 14)
- Comptroller of Prison (CP) – 1,759,921 – 1,966,281 naira per annum (level 15)
- Assistant Comptroller General of Prison (ACGP) – 2,272,288 – 2,464,560 naira per annum (level 16)
NB: The salaries listed above is just the basic pay of the Correctional Service Officers and it does not include their allowances. Officers of the Nigeria Correctional Service enjoy several allowances due to the nature of their work. Some of these allowances include transport allowance, shift duty allowance, guard duties allowance, uniform allowance, hazards allowance etc.
Requirements for Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens
- Applicants must have WASSCE, NECO or GCE certificate with credits in at least five subjects in not more than two sittings
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years old
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (National ID, international passport, voter’s card or driver’s license)
- Applicants must be free from any criminal conviction
- Applicants must not belong to any secret society or confraternity
- Applicants must not have tattoos or any drawings on their body
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.7m tall and female applicants must not be less than 1.64m tall
- Applicants must be physically, medically, and psychologically fit
- Applicants must have good communication skills
How to apply for the Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment
- Interested applicants should visit the official Nigeria Correctional Service website at www.corrections.gov.ng to apply for any job at the service.
- From the landing page of the website, locate the vacancy or career icon and click on it.
- If there are any vacancies, you will be directed on how to apply including the eligibility criteria for each of the available positions.
- Once you’ve completed your application then submit your form. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the screening exercise.
Opening and Closing date for Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment
The Nigeria Correctional Service is currently recruiting but as of the time of writing this article the closing date for the recruitment has not yet been announced.
To get more information on the Nigeria Correctional Service Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update