NEMA Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form Portal: Do you dream of working for the National Emergency Management Agency? Do you have a degree in disaster management or do you desire to be part of disaster management activities?
In this article, we will provide the guidelines for you to get a job in NEMA and tell you all you need to know about the agency coordinating disaster management in Nigeria.
The National Emergency Management Agency NEMA was established in 1999 with the sole purpose of managing disasters in Nigeria. It is an agency of the federal government with offices in all the states of the federation. It was established in March 1999 by Act 12 as amended by Act 50 of 1999.
The agency has a governing council which is headed by the vice president of Nigeria and its members include several ministers of the federation and the director general of the agency as its secretary. The director general is usually appointed by the President and is the one that oversees the day-to-day management of the agency.
The office of the director general has 3 units namely; legal, internal audit, and press & public relations units. The agency is made of six departments, three of which are operational services and the other three are support services.
Functions of MEMA
The National Emergency Management Agency has various functions relating to disaster management as enshrined in the law that established it. Some of these functions include
- Public enlightenment on ways to prevent and manage disasters
- Policy formation for disaster management activities
- Coordination of efforts and programs toward effective disaster management
- Distribution of relief materials to victims of disaster
- It also works with other international bodies to help in natural disasters etc.
Requirements for NEMA Recruitment
- Applicants should have a valid means of identification (National ID, international passport, voter’s card or driver’s license)
- Applicants should have a Senior school certificate (WASSCE, NECO or GCE certificate)
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines
- Applicants with OND, HND or it’s equivalent can also apply
- Applicants should have an NYSC discharge certificate
- Applicants should have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be a computer literate
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old
Benefits of working for the National Emergency Management Agency
Becoming a staff of NEMA has its benefits. The salary scale varies depending on the position of the individual. For a grade 7 Staff, the monthly salary is 89,500 naira while for a grade 8 Staff the monthly salary is 144,500 naira. Apart from this monthly payment, the staff also enjoy other allowances and bonuses, especially those who will be in the field coordinating the disaster management activities. Those in the operational services enjoy those allowances because of the risk involved in the disaster management response. You also get the fulfillment of helping people who have been victims of disasters and rescuing others from disasters.
How to apply for NEMA Recruitment
- Interested applicants should visit www.nema.gov.ng to apply.
- Application is free of charge. You will also be required to upload your credentials to the recruitment portal.
- Those who have been selected will be contacted for the screening exercise.
Opening and closing date for NEMA Recruitment
The National Emergency Management Agency is currently not recruiting. Whenever recruitment begins it will be uploaded on their official website and we will keep you informed.
To stay updated on NEMA Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update