Ministry of Defence Recruitment Application Form: Are you looking to begin a career in the defense industry of Nigeria? Do you want to work for the ministry in charge of the armed forces of Nigeria? Do you know the functions of the Ministry of Defence? Do you want to know if you can become a staff of the Ministry of Defence? All these and many more questions will be answered for you in this article!
The Ministry of Defence is a ministry of the federal government established in 1958. The ministry is in charge of overseeing the armed forces of Nigeria. It is constituted of four major military components. They are; the Nigerian Defence Headquarters, the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Navy, and the Nigerian Air Force.
It is headed by a minister who is appointed by the government and a member of the cabinet. The current minister of Defence is Bashir Salihi Magashi. The ministry also has civilian components apart from its military components and they include; Joint Services, Army Affairs, Navy Affairs, Air Force Affairs, Human Resources, Planning & Statistics, Finance & Accounts and Procurement, and Legal Departments.
Requirements for Ministry of Defence Recruitment
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Applicants must be residing in Nigeria
- Applicants must be free of any criminal conviction
- Applicants must be above 18 years old
- Applicants must have written the Senior School Certificate Examination SSCE
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in relevant disciplines
- Applicants must have an NYSC discharge certificate
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.7m and female applicants must not be less than 1.68m tall.
- Applicants must present their birth certificate or age declaration
- Applicants must present their state of origin certificate
- Applicants should have a valid means of identification (National ID, Driver’s license or voter’s card)
- Applicants should be medically and psychologically fit
Functions of the Ministry of Defence
- The ministry is in charge of everything relating to the armed forces of Nigeria.
- It controls the procurement of arms and ammunition for members of the armed forces. It ensures the independence of the armed forces from foreign influence by encouraging the manufacturing of arms locally.
- It is in charge of the salary, and welfare of the men and women of the armed forces.
- It also ensures peace in the African and sub-Saharan regions by promoting bilateral peace agreements.
- The central mission of the ministry is to provide administrative support to enable the armed forces to function effectively.
How to apply for the MDR (Ministry of Defence Recruitment)
- Interested applicants who want to apply for a job at the Ministry of Defence should visit the official website www.defence.gov.ng to apply.
- Application is free of charge. You will need to sign up with your email address before you can proceed with your application.
- Applicants should note that when filling out their application forms they should be factual as any falsification of information may lead to prosecution.
- Also because of the sensitive nature of the ministry and its duties background, checks will be conducted on those they are considering for employment.
- You may also be asked to submit referees on your application forms.
To stay updated on INEC Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update