INEC Adhoc staff recruitment 2022 is out: Do you know that the Independent National Electoral Commission will need over one million personnel to conduct the 2023 election successfully? Do you want to apply as an Adhoc staff or as permanent staff to the Independent National Electoral Commission? Then this article is for you!
The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC was established in 1999 by General Abdulsalam Abubakar, the then military head of the state. It came into existence by the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Its main function is to conduct elections in Nigeria to fill various political positions. The functions of the Independent National Electoral Commission are contained in section 15 of the third schedule of the 1999 constitution.
The electoral act was recently amended and on February 25, 2022, President Muhammadu Buhari signed into law the 2022 electoral act amendment. Working for the commission is very important as it is the body charged with conducting free and fair elections in Nigeria.
Becoming a staff of INEC has been made easier for you, with the information provided for you in this article you will know how to apply and what are the requirements for becoming a staff of INEC. Let’s begin!
Requirements for INEC Adhoc staff recruitment
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (national identification card, voter’s card or driver’s license)
- Applicants must be residents of Nigeria
- Applicants must be above 18 years old
- Applicants should be computer literate
- Applicants should be apolitical
- Applicants who are members of a political party will be disqualified
- Applicants must be free from criminal conviction
- Applicants who have been involved in any electoral offense will be disqualified
- Applicants should have a good knowledge of the recently amended electoral act
- Applicants should have good communication skills
Opening and closing date for INEC Adhoc staff recruitment
Please note that INEC is currently recruiting. The recruitment process will begin very soon as elections are drawing near. So please hurry and register on the recruitment portal so that you can be ready once recruitment starts.
INEC salary structure
- School Leavers (GL 04) – ₦376,194 – ₦497,000 per annum
- Diploma Certificate Holders (GL 07) – ₦638,133 – ₦961,577 per annum
- Graduates (GL 08) – ₦799,421 – ₦1,174,395 per annum
- Director (GL 14) – ₦1,503,149 – ₦2,101,600 per annum
How to apply for INEC Adhoc staff recruitment
- Those Interested in applying to become a staff of INEC should visit https://pres.inecnigeria.org/.
- This is the recruitment portal for INEC recruitment.
- Please note that you will be required to create an account on this portal before you can apply.
- You will need to submit your email through which a one-time password will be sent for you to open an account.
- Applicants should also note that those using a yahoo email address may have delays in receiving their OTP so it’s preferable to open a Gmail account to register.
- You will be required to input your Biodata when registering.
- Please ensure that every piece of information you send is correct as any falsification will lead to disqualification and possible prosecution. Once you’ve registered you can then see which positions you can apply for.
To stay updated on INEC Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update