HOW TO CREATE A PERFECT CV OR RESUME’ WITHOUT STRESS: Curriculum vitae is mostly a typed document containing a person’s complete identity. In other words, it is a person’s Embodiment of National identity. In most cases, curriculum vitae go behind the application letter.
Curriculum Vitae (CV) is an outline of a person’s qualifications and previous employment.
A resume’ on the other hand is an outline of a person’s qualifications and skills.
Note: If a jobber doesn’t have at least two years of working experience, then he’s got a resume’ not a CV.
Steps on How to create a perfect CV/Resume’
- Heading – write down your full name.
- Personal profile- make a brief & constructive statement about yourself. Positive statements are usually recommended and they should be no lie. Be honest because they will find out even after the job has been given to you.
- Experience- This is the bullet point describing your experience and capacities. Always try to use powerful statements & impressive language. Use hobbies that are related to the job. Employers are looking for qualities like integrity, initiative, passion, enthusiasm, determination, creativity, originality, planning, organizational ability, cost management, technical skill, people skills, diligence, and reliability. So use these to construct your CV.
- Achievement- Your achievement should be in line with the profile you claim to have achieved. They must be relevant to the job you are seeking for.
- Career history- present a neat & concise summary of your career history. Ensure you start with the most recent or present jobs and end with the initial ones. Show the year and duration of the course, program, and training or other special skills, mentioning the month of the program may not be necessary.
- Personal details- Disclose information like full name, sex, address, phone number, date of birth, marital status, education, college, university and dates, qualifications, and dates; stating clearly that references are available. Keep all information very tight and concise. Avoid other personal details for security purposes or avoid discrimination.
- Education and qualifications- Ideally, you show education and qualifications in a separate section, rather than within the personal details, as a way of giving them greater emphasis and clarity.