Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment Application form portal: Are you interested in being employed as a teacher by the federal government of Nigeria? Do you want to apply for the Federal government teachers scheme? Do you want to know about the requirements for you to be part of the federal Teachers Scheme? Then this page is for you!
The federal Teachers Scheme is an intervention by the federal government established in 2006 to help the various states in the nation address the problem of shortage of teachers at the basic level. The scheme is a two-year intervention program where teachers are sent to various schools where there are shortages of teachers to teach for a period of two years.
The employment is not permanent because after the two years are over those who have been employed will be released from their employment, so they can either reapply or pick up another job. This has been one of the major problems of the scheme as more people are clamoring that the teachers who are part of the federal Teachers Scheme should be retained by either the federal or state government.
Here we will tell you the requirements for you to be eligible for the federal Teachers Scheme, how to apply, and all you need to know about the federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment.
Requirements for federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin
- Applicants must have an NCE or Bsc.edu degree
- Applicants who are above 40 years will not be considered
- Applicants who are currently employed should not apply
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (National ID, Driver’s license, or voter’s card)
- Applicants should be ready to move to whatever state they are posted to
- Applicants must be physically, medically, and psychologically fit
How to apply for the FTSR (Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment)
- Interested applicants should visit the official website of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) official website www.ubec.gov.ng for the various openings available and the requirements for those positions.
- Currently, the application is not done online but you have to visit the UBEC office near you to submit your application.
- The Universal Basic Education Commission has offices in every state of the federation and in almost all the local government areas.
- Your application letter should be addressed to The Executive Chairman, State Universal Basic Education Commission in the state you reside. When submitting your application the are certain documents you should carry along which you will submit.
- They include your birth certificate, state of origin certificate, WASSCE, NECO or GCE certificate, NCE or Bsc certificate, passport photograph, a valid ID (national identification card, voter’s card, or driver’s license), and any other academic qualifications you have.
- After applying at the State level, those who have been shortlisted will undergo a screening exercise in various states. The screening exercise will involve a CBT-based test. Those who pass the screening exercise will be then invited to Abuja for final documentation before they will be posted to different states.
- Applicants should note that the list of shortlisted candidates will be published online and through various media.
How much are teachers under the federal Teachers’ Scheme paid?
Currently, the pay for those under the federal Teachers Scheme is 30,000 naira per month.
Need more information on the federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment, bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update