Department of State Services (DSS) Recruitment Application Form Portal 2022/2023: Do you dream of working for a security agency in Nigeria? Do you want to contribute to keeping the peace and security in Nigeria? Do you wish to become an agent of the Department of State Services (DSS)? Do you feel you have what it takes to work within the Security sector? Then this article is for you! I bet you didn’t realize that DSS Recruitment is ongoing. We will lay out the basic requirements you need to know about the process.
The Department of State Services (DSS) was formed in 1948. It is a security agency with the mandate to detect and prevent any threat to the internal security of Nigeria. Some of those threats may include espionage, terrorism, economic sabotage, separatists, etc. In order to carry out their functions effectively, they require committed and dedicated Nigerians who are willing to sacrifice all for the security of the country and its citizens.
On this page, we will tell you what you need to know about recruitment into the Department of State Services that would give your applicant an edge when applying. Now Let’s begin!
Requirements for Department of State Services Recruitment
To apply for a position at the Department of State Services, there are some basic conditions you must meet. You should know that because the department of State Services is a security agency its requirements have to be met completely before you can be considered. They include:
- Applicants must be Nigerian Citizens.
- If you have a criminal record or have been convicted of any crime. Do not apply
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
- Applicants with any form of disability that will hinder them from carrying out their functions will not be considered
- Applicants must have completed their first degree ( Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent)
- Applicants must have their first school leaving certificate
How to apply for Department of State Services Recruitment?
Please note that, unlike other government agencies which carry out their applications online, the department of State Services does not do online recruitment. Yes, you will have to visit their website to get the form, but the submission of the form is done in person at the Department of State Services state offices in whatever state you reside. To apply for a job at the Department of State Services, please follow these steps:
- First, write a letter clearly stating your local government and it must be signed by a local government agency or individual.
- Second, you must apply to the Director General of National Security in Abuja.
- When applying you need to attach your first school leaving certificate, state of origin certificate, first-degree certificate, etc. to the application letter. Also, you will need to attach two recent passport photographs.
- Any other requirements and conditions for service will be listed on their website, so endeavor to always check the official department of State Services, www.dss.gov.ng for more information.
Opening and closing date for Department of State Services Recruitment
The Department of State Services is currently not recruiting so be careful of fraudsters claiming to do recruitment for DSS. Whenever there is recruitment at the Department of State Services, it will be listed on their official website with the modalities for recruitment and we will endeavor to let you know.
To stay updated regarding recruitment into the Department of State Services, keep visiting this page. If you have any questions regarding DSS recruitment, feel free to bookmark us and get notified once there is a new update.